Genie GPR Probe Regulator
The safest and most versatile probes available on the market
Liquid carry over from the pipeline into the sample conditioning system should be prevented when sampling natural gas as it can directly impact the accuracy of the compositional analysis and also damage the analyzer. Genie® Probes™ provide a means to insert Genie® Membrane Technology™ directly into a pipeline for the purpose of separating unwanted liquid and particulate from the gas sample at flowing temperature and pressure conditions, in compliance with industry standards.
The two-piece GPR™ consists of a housing containing a foot valve on its lower end, and a membrane tip probe regulator. The probe housing is installed in a depressurized pipeline through a vertically mounted thread-o-let or flange. Once the probe is inserted into the housing, the foot valve opens to allow pipeline gas to flow freely through the membrane. Sample pressure is then reduced immediately downstream of the membrane, inside of the pipeline. The heat then transfers from the pipeline to the regulator to prevent excessive Joule-Thomson cooling during pressure regulation. Retracting the probe from the housing closes the foot valve, making it possible to perform probe maintenance without depressurizing the pipeline. This insertion/retraction method is less expensive and complex than pneumatic or hydraulic methods.
» DEMO VIDEO - Genie® Probe™ Series Installation | Retraction | Troubleshoot
- API 14.1, GPA 2166 and ISO 10715 probe compliance
- Flowing pipeline gas helps to offset temperature changes at regulation point
- Helps to preserve sample integrity
- Helps to improve safety of personnel and equipment
- Does not require hydraulic fluid
- Probe maintenance without line depressurization
- Genie® Membrane Technology™
- Pressure regulation at probe tip, inside of pipeline
- Vibration resistant
- No dead volume
- Low internal volume
- J-slot safety
- Optional regulator manifold available with pressure gauge, ball valve, and relief valve attached.
How many packets do you need?
Please measure the length, width, and height of your container, then enter their values in the fields below. All fields are required.
Total volume: in3
packet(s) of 7x13
packet(s) of 4x4
packet(s) of 2x2